Sunday, January 30, 2011

Painting

So, I am a big time emotional eater. I stuff my feelings and then I stuff my face. :)

There has been a lot going on with my family recently that has caused me to bake cookies and brownies and cook dinners that I can just eat and eat and eat. And since my pants are getting tight and I know eating like this isn't healthy for me physically and emotionally, I decided to try something else.  Something that kept my hands busy so they couldn't be shoving food in my mouth and something that was slow enough and intentional enough that I can sit and process what is happening.

I have loved going to the painting classes at Paint the Towne, but since I don't want to be away from my family in the evenings all the time, and some of the paintings on the days I could go I don't really want, or whatever, I just decided to get some of my own supplies and see what I could create.  This is what I did this weekend.  One for each of the kid's rooms.  I like them.  I was obviously feeling polka dotty.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those paintings look good to me. So do you.
Royal

Kaylee said...

Hmmm, I wonder what polka dots represent? A "dotty" future? Maybe holes? Holes in your heart? Or maybe it's just your "bubbly" personality coming out from hiding. :)

I like 'em.

Queen of 3 boys and a handsome Prince! said...

Awesome! They turned out great!

Megan's Little Kansas Life said...

Bubble tree! Don't quit making the food though, just call me to help eat!

nana aka mom aka leslee said...

They are AWESOME! keep it up :)

Jessie said...

Dude. Super cute. Didn't know y'all math people could be artists, too. BTW, Bella has a little boy in her class named Noble. Makes me think of Royal :)

Archie Wenner said...

Love, love, love your artwork, always have always will! :)