Today was my favorite race of the year - the Jingle Bell Run! Since we don't have family to dump our kids off with, we decided, since it's allowed in the race, to just take the kids with us. It was a whopping 35 degrees outside today (last year it was 10 degrees, so it felt downright balmy!), so I put the kids in warm coats, covered them with a flannel blanket, put hand warmers inside some of the pockets in the seats of the stroller to act as little heaters, and strapped the weather shield around them. I reached in there at one point and they were toasty warm! Then to help keep them entertained, I bought battery powered singing Christmas lights - Jayden had Santa heads and Willow had snowflakes - that they got to push the button on whenever they wanted to flash lights and play Christmas music. They also both had singing Christmas characters inside the stroller with them - Jayden had Rudolph and Willow had Snoopy, or in her words, "Soupy" Once we got going, they did great!

Nobody was around the take our picture together with the kids, so we have separate ones. You can tell Royal was really excited to be running in the cold today - he always complains about it, yet signs up again every year! :)

I wore fun socks this year... :)

And finally a couple people from the running club I'm a part of - Melanie and Tonya.
1 comment:
I have fun running with you, not fun running in the cold.
Post a Comment