Royal got up this morning and went to go pick up our turkey, then the turkey guy was late, so Royal came back home to wait about an hour, then drove back out to get the turkey. Meanwhile, at home, I was making homemade breakfast sausages, and chocolate chip waffles and the kids were playing with some of Willow's new toys that she got to open. Then we popped 2 big bags of party poppers, Willow popped a big helium balloon that Papa sent to her along with flowers for her and Nana, Royal finally came home with his arm full of flowers - some for Willow, some for my mom, and some for me, so mom and I set about getting them all in vases, then we loaded up in the car and (I know, you'll never guess) headed to the zoo - which is what the kids wanted to do. We had a picnic lunch at the zoo, looked at a bunch of animals, then drug some tired kids home and put Willow down for a nap. During naptime, my mom and I played with my chocolate tempering unit and made some little button candies to decorate the birthday cake with. I've decided that I'm more of a make a cake that tastes super delicious, then make a cake out of a box, make a cute butterfly, and cover it with frosting that tastes alright (at least this year I am), so I made Willow and my mom a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake and my mom and I put some white chocolate buttons on it. We thought it was cute and it did taste super delicious! Once Willow was up from her nap, the kids hit a whole new level of crazy, so what did we do? We took everyone out to dinner and let a restaurant experience the crazy too. We ate, we came home, and then sang happy birthday to Willow and my mom, and gave the kids more sugar, a.k.a the cheesecake! We did a little oovoo'ing with cousins, opened the rest of Willow's presents, the kids decided they would rather be dinos, so they put on their costumes, and were jumping, and somersaulting, and rolling all. over. the. place. For planning on having a laid back, kinda lazy day, I'm exhausted!
Happy Birthday Willow and Mom!!!

And since most of our family is not around and couldn't get online to sing to Willow and Nana, here is the video of us singing (try not to judge :) ) and Willow blowing out her candles.
4 comments:
I love you guys. Happy Birthdays. I can’t deal…she’s two.
That was one of the best birthdays ever….i had a grand time….thanks for making me feel so special…can’t wait to see you again in a few weeks
What beautiful girls. Nana and Willow Happy Birthday!!! I love you and just keeping praying we will all live closer together so we can celebrate these special days together. The Great Marshmellow
I had a great time and the day could have only been better if the turkey guy would have been on time.
Post a Comment