Thursday, June 3, 2010

Meet Sam

…our new dog!


He’s a 3 year old Weimaraner we found at the Kansas Humane Society.  He’s pretty laid back, which is nice that he doesn’t jump all over the kids, and I haven’t heard him bark once since we brought him home.  Jayden told me that he just squeaks, he doesn’t bark.  He also has always been a strictly outdoor dog, so that made Royal pretty happy.


Jayden, despite all his protesting about not liking dogs and never wanting a dog and he only liked cats and he never wanted me to get a dog, LOVES him. He’s a little upset that Sam doesn’t like to play fetch with him, but maybe we can work on that. Jayden is loving having something to boss around though, maybe he’ll give Willow a break for a few days. :)


I think he’s going to be a great addition to our family!

9 comments:

Jaynee said...

Glad to meet Sam! Congratulations! He’s beautiful and looks so gentle with the kids. I hope you have many happy years together. Can’t wait to hear the “Jayden stories” that are sure to come. ;)

Jordan said...

Does he get to come to WA also?

Sabrina said...

Oh my gosh, we are so excited to meet Sam!!! Lunden is going to love him to! What a great addition!!!

Kay-Kay said...

Sweet dude! I can’t believe you finally got a dog! Rand is jealous. He really wants a weimaraner.

Amy said...

Coolio! I’m really a cat person myself, but a laid back dog who doesn’t jump is right up my alley! :)
A lovely addition for sure!

Kim said...

Congrats! Maybe Jayden can teach him some tricks?!

Royal said...

So far so good.

Molly said...

He looks like a sweetie! :) We will have to have a kid/doggie playdate with Elena and Cooper sometime! (Cooper is not quite so mellow though!)

Pamela said...

Love him! Luna wants to play! So excited for you guys!