Monday, February 22, 2010

Major Drama

Today a major, and I’m talking major, disaster happened around here. The dinosaur costume got dirty enough that I wouldn’t let Jayden put it back on. Jayden is in his dinosaur costume all. the. time. When we get home from StrollerFit, he puts it on. When aren’t going to StrollerFit in the morning, he puts it on. When we make him take it off to go to church, the minute he gets home he puts it on. He’s worn it to the grocery store a few times, to the paint store, to our life group, riding bikes, riding scooters, taking walks, checking the mail, pretty much for anything except sleeping. Luckily we have dinosaur pajamas for him to wear to bed. And he’s grown like 2 inches since Halloween so the costume is getting pretty short in the legs, not to mention the crotch area. I just try to avoid my eyes.

Jayden was making a normal pit stop in the bathroom, where he normally strips down to nothing to go pee, but sadly, today, something went wrong. He came out almost crying and said, “Mom, I couldn’t get my penis in the toilet and my dino costume now gots pee on it” Oi vei. While he was trying to clean it up with a towel, I told him he wasn’t going to be able to put it back on until I got it cleaned. I’m not sure how I am going to clean it because it has a little dinosaur roaring button in it that I’m pretty sure will get ruined if I stick it in the washer. And then there’s the problem of shrinkage, and if this costume gets any smaller, there is no way Jayden will be able to pull it on. So, I guess handwashing is the way to go. Awesome. I love handwashing.

I told Jayden to go into his room and find some more clothes and I’d help him get them on.

This is what he came out in.






Thank goodness for backups!

6 comments:

Sabrina said...

That is hilarious!!!!! Nick is going to like this one!

Pamela said...

Priceless- I love that out of all the clothes he chooses his costume from 2 Halloween’s ago. Priceless

Amy said...

Oh geez - I love it! I can’t wait to see what the next costume added to his closet will be! I see a drama brat in your future. . .all the high school plays you’ll go to. . .

Royal said...

He can become an actor, those guys make tons of money.

Jessie said...

KansasRachel~ I haven’t laughed this hard in a long time.

Krisy said...

Dude. That is funny. Crazy Funny.