Thursday, September 3, 2009

I'm Still Here

Can you believe I am still in Washington??? I can’t. I feel like I’ve been banished and boy am I sick of wearing the same clothes all the time. I am also really missing my double jogging stroller and of course Royal. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to field the question of when is dad coming back to get us? We have about 11 days to go and a whole week before Royal comes. Me and the kids are now down in Kelso, at Royal’s parent’s house, for the home stretch. One of the main differences between my parent’s house and here, is that here there is always work to do. My parents have the ultimate vacation home, big ole spacious house on the lake, it pretty much begs you to sit down, put your feet up, and stare at the trees and mountains and water surrounding you. Royal’s parents house, while I could sit down and put my feet up, I’d be all alone and I don’t want that, so I join in on the work when I can, ya know with 2 small kids and all. I should of been taking pictures of the bags (garbage bag sized) and bags of beans I’ve snapped for canning, the 100 lbs of tuna that was filleted and put in jars and canned, the amount of food that was brought here from Costco yesterday in preparation for the people coming in for Gabe’s wedding, but I didn’t take one picture. My guess is it was because my hands were busy snapping the ends off of beans. :) However, today I felt guilty because it’d been like 3 days without me taking one picture of the kids, so I took my camera to the park today.

It’s been a rough couple of days for the kids. Yesterday, Jayden fell on the sidewalk outside and skinned up his knee and Willow took a header off the couch and caught herself with her forehead. Bummer. Then today, Jayden was outside walking with Great-Grandma Mary and Grandpa Fireball and got startled by a bunch of barking dogs and fell yet again on the sidewalk and re-scraped up his already sore knee and it’s now a big, bloody, oozy, bruised up mess and while at the park Willow lost her balance going down a slide and gave herself a bloody lip - I know, where was her mother???? Lame. We went home after that and called it a day.


1 comment:

Royal said...

You are doing great honey, keep up the good work. I will see you in less than a week.