Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Early Presents

There is always such a let down after visitor’s leave. You have to get back into your “normal” routine, which seams so boring after you’ve had people here visiting, keeping you entertained for awhile. So, my blogging has been suffering because, well, life seems boring and like there isn’t really anything too exciting to post about. Don’t worry all 2 of you avid readers who are checking my blog everyday hoping for a new post, I’ll get it turned around again!

While Royal’s family was here though, they decided to do Jayden’s, Royal’s, and my birthday all at the same time. So even though my birthday was 2 months away I got presents! (see why life seemed so much more exciting???) I got these 5 great hanging baskets to make my backyard more colorful.




And Royal’s mom bought me a sewing machine! I’m super excited and wish I had a pocket full of money to buy material and at least 10 more free hours in the day so I can figure out how to use the darn thing! It took me a good 30 minutes to figure out how to wind a bobbin and then how to thread the needle. :) Royal’s mom did bring me some material from her stash and a pattern for something to make, so that’s the first thing I did. She swore it was something for a beginner, but I was so confused half the time I must be like a beginner-beginner or something. In the end though, I got it figured out (hopefully) and this is what I ended up with, who knows if it will actually hold something, it might be for display only. And not even that nice of a display, don’t look too closely, none of the seams on the blocks really match up. :)



And then last night, I got a crazy idea and was just itching to sew something, so after doing a bunch of research on the internet, I made Willow a skirt! I don’t think it turned out half bad and it only took me like an hour. ha ha ha :)




8 comments:

Royal said...

It looks good to me, hope you ahve fun with your machine.

Marshmellow said...

It looks like you doing a great job. Willow looks so cute in her little skirt. You need to make matching skirts and then make the guys matching shirts. What a great thing! a matching family. I love it. It makes me want to get my sewing machine out and get to work.!!! The Marshmellow

nana said...

Your flower baskets are fantastic!!!! Your shopping bag even more fantastic….and those squares are lining up really quite perfectly! but that little skirt….wow….awesome….but of course it’s the little willow girl…..now she takes the cake!!!!she just couldn’t be any cuter…..i’m coming soon….this is killing me….i’ve got to kiss those little cheeks of hers and hug and hug and hug her till she squeals!!!!and i think i’ll do the same to you and jayden and royal!!! it would be quite funny to hear royal squeal :)

Sabrina said...

I love your flowers! Get ready for the herb garden! Your sewing is fabulous! You are so artistic and creative. My mom loves to sew, she has given us awesome quilts!

Pamela said...

Baskets are beautiful-projects turned out good-so glad you are back to blogging. I have been waiting patiently to hear what is new.

Amy said...

Yea for presents!! :) It all looks great!

Kim said...

I love the color in the flowers…. Look at you go, sewing a bag and skirt. Willow is super cute as always modeling the awesome skirt that her Mama made!

Heidi said...

Yay for birthdays, and yay for early birthday presents!