Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Willie's Birthday

Another one of my brother's birthdays....we still celebrate them here.  Some years we make him a cake.  Some years we just talk about him.  I usually try to make dinner with food that Willie loved.  If we make waffles, we fill every little square with butter, just like Willie did.  If we make quesadillas and nachos, I tell the kids stories about how Willie made nachos and when we asked for a bite, he'd hand us one toasty chip that didn't have any cheese or anything on it - Jayden and Willow always crack up at that one.   Sometimes I tell them stories about how Willie would get caught eating butter out of the container out of the fridge.  And how Kaylee and I would torture Willie and pretend he was invisible.  And how Willie taught me how to wake surf.  And how Willie when he learned to snow ski didn't think turning was necessary and went straight down the mountain and then crashed when he needed to stop - the kids love that one too.  And how sometimes Willie would come up behind me and squeeze my head with his hands and try to pick me up that way.   But for the most part we just talk about what we miss about not having an Uncle Willie in our lives and how we think he would be a part of our lives if he was here.  

I didn't put Willie's birthday up on our weekly calendar, sometimes I don't want to look at a reminder, but Jayden thought it was necessary, so he added it on.
"Willis Brithday"  I LOVED it.  It cracked me up all day.  Willis.  I'm pretty sure it would of made Willie laugh too.  Happy 34th Brithday Brother Willis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not how good you are, it's how good you look doing it that matters.
Quote from Willie