Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Summer Fishin'

Jayden is hooked on fishing.  Last year, we had an every other day policy for him because they get up between 4am and 5am to get on the river.  But this year I told him as long as his attitude during the rest of the day was good and he could go to bed early, even before Willow, he could go on whatever days he wanted to.  He only skipped one day, and it happened to be a day they didn't catch any fish!  Ha!  Jayden was instructed to not take showers and not change his underwear because he was obviously lucky.  I overruled that because, um, fisherman stink.  Bad.

Jayden's first Stealhead! He caught one before this, but had to throw it back, so this was his first keeper.
And the next day, there were a couple more!  I always like with Royal's best friend, Mikal, is fishing with them because he takes pictures in the boat and sends them to me.  :)




And a few more!
Jayden with most of his fishing buddies.  (we're missing Mikal and Papa)

He also managed to catch his first Sturgeon! 


It was a good trip for Jayden.  I wonder how long everybody in the boat is going to give Jayden their poles....  :)  I'm not complaining because we are bringing all that fish home with us!  (let's hope it makes it.. or we will be eating a TON of fish on the way to Kansas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jayden was one lucky fisherman on those trips. He was all over ripping some fish. Next summer he is going to have to do it all on his own.
Royal