Thursday, July 24, 2014

T.W.G. :: vol 28 :: Lake Cushman

Skokomish Park at Lake Cushman.  Hoodsport, WA

For the last part of our stay with my Shelton crew, we packed up my truck, trailer, Kaylee's ginormous car, Papa's truck and trailer and spent our last 6 days together camping out in the woods.  By together I mean that at one point our whole family (minus Royal) was there - Papa - in his trailer, Nana - did part time in a tent and in my trailer, Kaylee & Rand and their kiddos - in the biggest tent I've ever seen,  Jojee & Jon - in their tent, and Jordan - in a tent too!

It was so fun and the weather only managed to sprinkle on us once and pour down rain once, of course the pouring rain was the morning we were trying to pack up and leave, but it was still so awesome.  I thought it was a great way to end our time together.

This campground is fantastic.  The sites are all set back in trees, it's completely shaded, and is a short walk down a trail to the beach.
 I Heart Trees!
Lake Cushman, day 2
Lake Cushman, day 3.  Hello clouds and goodbye mountain!
We did lots and lots of fishing!
Went on some walks through the woods!
Sweet cousins...
 Easton found a stick and named it "Flying Horsey"
 Uncle Jordan came for a couple nights too.  He took naps in Jon and Jojee's tent.  :)
Cold and wet day movies in the trailer.
  Kayaking and evening swims!
And a big milestone for Willow!  She let me take her training wheels off and a few times around the loop and she had it!

I already miss my family and the loud cousins and the constant battle of food that Kaylee and I wage everyday against 6 bottomless pits.  But I love being able to spend this time with them and for the cousins to get to be together nonstop.  Kaylee and I are already wondering what stories will surface from these cousin times together, when their older and finally ready to fess up to what they were doing behind our backs.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great campground and a great time was had by all.
Royal