Friday, January 3, 2014

Jayden's 1st Day of School

Jayden started back at Wheatland yesterday, and while he was a little ball of nerves in the morning when I dropped him off, it sounded like he had a great day.  I have really been praying for him to get placed in a class with a teacher that he would love, and for a class where one of his friends from his Kindergarten class would recognize him.  Out of 3 different 2nd grade classes, he ended up getting placed in the same class where the one 2nd grader that lives on our street is in.  Not only did this mean he had a friend in his class, it also meant he had someone to show him what bus to get on to get home after school.  God is faithful!
Before school.  "Hey, will you let me take your picture?"  "No."  "Come on!  It's not for me, it's for everybody else who wants to know about your first day"  "Fine."
I met him at the bus stop and he jumps off the bus and yells, "I'm free!!!!" with a big smile on his face.  I fixed him a bowl of popcorn and proceeded to grill him about his day.  :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad that he had a great day.
Royal