Thursday, September 26, 2013

Apple Harvest

This year for apple picking we had Papa here to help us!  We all went out to the orchard and then I went back to grab an apple picker to help get the apples up top.  By the time I got back out to the orchard, Royal, Papa, Jayden, and Willow pretty much had all of our boxes full.  It took them like 15 minutes to pick 125 pounds of apples.  I didn't even have to pick one this year!
Day 1 : Pick the Apples





Day 2 : Cut, Cook, and Mill the Apples
(and take a break on the porch with Papa)
Day 3 : Cook the Applesauce and Can it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our pantry is looking good, green beans, tuna, applesauce, jam, tomato sauce, peaches, and pears.
Royal

Anonymous said...

So sad we missed it this year. But I don't have to worry about running out. My applesauce is safely packed away in a box somewhere!!:) miss you guys
Kerri