Yellowstone River RV Park, Billings, MT
Chapter 1 : The Drive
Our drive today was pretty uneventful - I'm kinda starting to get used to this whole not lost, no broken trucks, no flat tires kinda traveling. I probably shouldn't put that in writing, it could be like telling someone your baby slept through the night, the minute you mention it is the minute the exact opposite happens....
We left Woods Bay, MT today around 8:30 and had to say goodbye to Papa. :( But we did get to follow him down the road for a bit before he headed West and we headed East. And I guess I've never followed him before because his Airstream puts out quite the glare! Holy have to wear sunglasses if you are following him batman!
We made it about an hour down the road before the kids just couldn't be in their seats any longer and Willow was screaming for a bathroom break - and usually this is just her ploy to get us to pull over because she is bored, and this time it was. She talked to me for what seemed like an hour while she stood in the doorway of the bathroom while I was dancing outside the bathroom saying, "stop talking and go, because it's my turn!!!!" And then, just to help kill the depression of saying goodbye to the last of our family members for the summer, when they asked for ice cream at the gas station, I didn't say no.
Sometimes saying yes to something they expect you to say no to can turn the whole day around. I figured the ice cream would create a massive sugar rush and make them more whiny and unbearable for hours to come, but really they traveled great for the rest of the day! We don't really have much of a dvd player anymore because Sam chewed through the cables, so they are having to entertain themselves much more. And at one point they were getting Sam to get up on the seat in between them and they were playing with him. I was driving at this point, so I asked Royal to take a picture of them for me. This is the one and only picture he got....it really doesn't look like they are having much fun....
We pulled into our rv park in Billings, MT around 4:30.
Chapter 2 : The Campsite
This RV park is REALLY nice and quite a bit more expensive than we normally pay. I had picked out a couple options for stopping, but didn't check on the prices since they usually don't vary too much unless you are in a high tourist area, like Yellowstone. We aren't really in Yellowstone, just right on the Yellowstone River. But we are camping right next door to the World's First KOA Campground and I figure they probably have high prices, so this RV park just follows suit because it can. But you get what you pay for and this campground is clean, has huge shaded trees, really clean big bathrooms, fenced off pet areas so you don't have to leave your dog on a leash, a big play ground and a pool. It was around 90 when we arrived, so we directly put on our suits and headed to the pool.
There were some other kid there with water balloons and they were nice enough to share with Jayden and Willow!
Chapter 3 : Some friends
Seems like there is a Cabela's everywhere we turn this trip. And here in Billings, MT, we drove right past one on our way in, so after swimming, we headed to Cabelas to kill a little time while we waited for some of our friends to arrive. As it turns out, as we are headed on our way back home to Wichita, some of our very best friends are headed out on vacation away from Wichita and we just both happen to be staying in Billings, MT on the same night. Crazy, right???? So, once the Dalton's arrived at their hotel, we met them and went out to dinner, then headed back to their hotel for more swimming. The hotel's indoor pool had his huge water slide and the kids went up and down it for over an hour. I'm hoping to finally get a good nights sleep outta them!











2 comments:
I miss you. :( I can feel you getting further away.
Always fun to run into friends, even if they are heading out on vacation, and you are returning.
Royal
Post a Comment