Day 3 of our Kansas to Washington trip!
Finally! A boring day! Nothing really happened, other than driving, driving, driving.
Chapter 1 : A Boring Day
The kids again got up around 5:30, so we just started getting ready to head out. We decided to try and make up for the distance we lost on Monday and try to get to Sheridan, which was about 100 miles more than we really wanted to drive. We left the campsite around 7am and drove into hazy, smoky skies right through Fort Collins. I was really hoping I'd see at least some flames or an orange horizon or something, but we saw nothing but smoke. Guess we didn't need to make our day any more exciting than it needed to be. The rest of the day went along smoothly, we just drove and drove and drove, and finally crossed into a new state! Wyoming! Yay!
At first Willow was afraid of Wyoming, because she thought I kept saying coyotes, but once I finally convinced her Wyoming was a place and not an animal, she calmed down a bit. Jayden was also pretty hilarious, because before we'd even gotten out of the park, he started asking if we were almost there. I explained it was going to be another really long day, like on Monday, with lots of breaks and lots of time in the car. He replied, "Oh yeah, all that stuff AND a ride in a tow truck" Thankfully, there would be no tow truck today! But it is obviously his highlight of this trip so far!
My car seat pillow also finally got used! Guess it's not "stupid" after all! Poor Willow is so over tired, and in need of some naps, but her seat in the truck is just not comfortable enough. Neither of the kids have slept at all in the truck during this trip until now, and then Willow only managed to sleep about 15 minutes, but at least she didn't get a cramped neck while she did it!
Wyoming proved to be just as smoky as Colorado. I have no idea what fire is going on here, but the air is very hazy and smells quite strong.
Chapter 2 : The Campsite
Our RV park is in Sheridan, WY and is pretty nice! There are trees, a pool and hot tub, and a really great field to run Sam around in. Although, we did roll n here around 5pm, and after 10 hours in the truck, I'm pretty sure any campground would look awesome. Sadly, I have no pictures of our site. I guess after 500 miles in the car, my brain starts forgetting to do a few things and begs for me to sit in a dark, quiet, corner and not stimulate my mind with anything else. :D


1 comment:
This just looks like a great trip, I wish I was there.
Royal
Post a Comment