Thursday, July 14, 2011

Run Jayden Run

During Willow's swimming lessons this summer, Jayden and I have taken to running around the track.  Jayden does a pretty good job of entertaining himself while Willow is swimming, but it is hard in the summer because instead of twice a week lessons for 4 weeks, they are 4 times a week for 2 weeks, a bit intense, but great for working around vacations - not that we're going anywhere, but still, if we were... :)

The first time Jayden started running, he ended up running almost a mile while he followed me around the track as I did some sprint work I was suppose to get in.  Then the next day, I told him I'd run with him the whole time and he ran 4 laps around the track without stopping.  A whole mile with no breaks, I could hardly believe it!  He slept great that week!  Then we took a couple week break from swimming lessons, but we are back at it this week, and Jayden's been begging to go running again.  Lucky for me he's forgotten to wear shoes that tie for the past couple days and it's just not fun to run in crocs, so I've gotten out of it.  Plus it's just so hot out that I haven't really been reminding him, because I don't really want to be running around a hot track when it's 100 degrees outside. Today he remembered himself, but he let me get out of it since I promised I'd take some pictures.  :)

He only made it 2 laps today before he called it quits.  It was just too hot.  And I'm kinda glad because his little face was turning so red!

4 comments:

leslee aka mom aka nana said...

he looks so amazing! like he's been running his whole life! i hate to see his face get so red too....and am glad he can reign himself in and not push himself too hard in the heat....i am sure he'll be your running partner one of these days soon.....he's a lean, sweet, running machine! just like his mom :) but one of these days you won't be able to keep up with him :(

Amy Cooper said...

a track star in the making! both your kids are going to be athletes thanks to their workin-out mama! :)

Anonymous said...

Little man will be beating down on dad pretty soon, probably before he catches his mom. Now if we could just not sleep on the floor anymore.
Royal

Anonymous said...

What a good dad you are to sleep on the floor with him!! He just looks like an athlete. No one but a great athlete would love to run in the heat and have his picture taken. He could be our Olympic star. Go Jayden Go.