We haven't ever been to the water park that is just south of Wichita in Derby. It is actually the location of my triathlon next Sunday, and when I met up with my tri-buddies last Wednesday to do a trial run of all the routes, I saw the water park and had a feeling my kids would probably love it. On Saturday mornings, they have a tot-time from 11-12:30, so you can get into the shallow pool if you are 5 and under without all the bigger kids and crowds around, so that's what we did.
Jayden really wanted to wait around until 12:30, because that's when the rest of the park opened and you could go down the lazy river and the much bigger slides. So, we waited around!
Sadly, Jayden missed the height requirement by 1 inch! 1 measly inch! So the only thing he could do was float down the lazy river, but he had to wear a life jacket and he had to sit on an adults lap. He was pretty bummed about not getting to go down the slides, but I think we had fun on the river!













3 comments:
what a cool place! looks like everyone had fun....even mama! great to actually see a picture of you rachel....sad that jayden missed going on the big slides this year but i bet you will all go again and then it will be very exciting indeed :) hugs
So happy to hear what you have all been up to. After awhile I begin to wonder if you have just melted away!! Looks like you had such great fun floating and sliding at the water park. I just love seeing all those smiling faces!! Love from The Great Marshmellow.
It was a good time, I just wish that they would have let Jayden do the big slides that he so patiently waited for. I felt bad that he was one inch to short.
Royal
Post a Comment