A few days ago Jayden started talking about a party.
J : Hey Mom, I need to have a party.
Me: Oh yeah? What kind of party?
J: A fruit party.
Me: What's a fruit party?
J: You know, a party where people come and eat fruit.
Then I really didn't think much of it, except when Jayden said something about needing decorations and that the party was going to be on Wednesday, after lunch. I still really didn't think anything of it, because I figured he'd forget about it. Nope. Today after we got home from working out, and Willow's swim lesson, and had lunch, he said, 'Ok Mom. Where are the decorations?' Then I looked at him and heard crickets chirping in the background as he stared at me expecting me to produce something. I guess I should of taken him more seriously.... I really didn't want to put together a "party" for Jayden, when I really had no idea what he wanted or expected. All I wanted to do at that moment was take a shower. I had worked out in almost 90 degree weather with 87% humidity, and then stood in a super hot and humid pool building for swimming lessons, I was sticky and just wanted to put on some clean clothes. I did not want to start decorating the house. But, I did it anyway. I know, I should get mother of the year. :)
So, I managed to scrape a few things together. I found some streamers on top of the fridge, a half full package of black balloons (must of been left over from making spiders around halloween), some foam sticky hearts (left over from valentines crafts), and then Jayden found a Cars Happy Birthday banner.
I blew up the balloons and Willow and I put foam hearts all over them, and Jayden hung up streamers and the banner.
Then we put a blanket in the middle of the floor to have our party in, because it's too miserable to go outside. I put some grapes on toothpicks, and cut out some animal shaped watermelon, to make them special, and made some lemonade. Let's have our party! To which Jayden said, "Um, we need to invite some people" You mean this party isn't just for us???? Oi.... Now, I see what the party was for, poor Jaydo is lonely and just wanted to play with some friends. The last couple of times he's invited some neighbor kids over, it just hasn't worked out, so I guess he thought if there was a party, there was no way they could say no. So, we went across the street to Goldie's house and asked if she could come over for a fruit party. Her dad looked at me a little funny, but said ok.
The kids sat on their blanket and ate fruit and drank lemonade.
and then played with balloons
and other toys around the house for awhile. When the party was over, Jayden sent Goldie home with a ballon and a Thomas the Train bouncy ball we found in the same place that had the balloons and foam hearts in it. You just can't send your guests home without a goodie bag! What a good host!






4 comments:
that is the cutest thing i have ever heard of. what happened to the water he was chilling in the fridge. wasn't that for the party?? :)
He is a corker that is for sure!!!! You are such a fun mom to go along with it all. Love you all The Great Marshmellow.
jayden has a wonderful, giving heart....he is kind and generous and so cute....i think the fruit party was an amazing idea....i think i want a fruit party with him and willow when i come to visit....hugs to you rachel for making him feel special...i think you're all special
hugs to all of you
That is a crazy idea, never heard of that before. Nice work pulling that together Rachel, you are a shoe in for mom of the year.
Royal
Post a Comment