Jayden, all of us really, have had quite the year with sicknesses - colds and flus and antibiotics and antivirals and now Jayden's second bout with pneumonia.
We headed off to our doctor's office again this morning, Jayden's breathing was getting bad and his inhalers didn't seem to be helping much, and he was complaining that his heart hurt when he breathed and his ears were plugged. He also was running a high fever and threw up last night due to being so hot. I am so thankful there is a walk in clinic at our doctor's office on Saturdays AND that our regular doctor happened to be the doctor on call this morning. I was the first one in line at the door this morning! After listening to Jayden's lungs and taking his temp (103) and taking his oxygen level (92), she sent him off to get a chest x-ray.
His x-ray's showed that he has double pneumonia, really bad in his left lung, as well as the cold-induced asthma he's been struggling with this year. Our doctor said that his lungs were bad enough to get him admitted to the hospital, but if I could keep him hydrated and if a breathing treatment made a difference with how his lungs sounded I could take him home. So, we sat there while Jayden got to inhale some meds.
And luckily it helped enough. Sadly, he also had to get an antibiotic shot right in the rear end...poor guy. But at least we got to bring him home with breathing treatments every 4 hours and more antibiotics to help the infection in his lungs, and as long as he doesn't start throwing up and we can keep him hydrated and he's making a significant recovery, he'll get to stay here.




9 comments:
Best wishes for a quick recovery... and for summer to hurry up and zap all this crud for you guys.
Poor guy! I can definitely relate as I also had a double dose of pneumonia (and have terrible asthma) earlier this year. Here's to a speedy recovery and lots of hydration! There is a vaccination shot (there is actually two of them, but you want the 10 year one) that you should ask the doc about once Jayden gets rid if the stupid pneumonia. Get better soon!!
My heart is hurting looking at the pictures of him....he just looks so sick...and it's so sad....praying he pops right on out of the pneumonia ..... when we were dealing with jordan and his endless colds/asthma stuff I was told i could give him breathing treatments every 3 hours if necessary....it speeds up the heart rate....so you have to monitor that....just saying...i did it and you see how great Jordan turned out! Hang in there darlings.....wish i was there. not that i could do anything you're not doing....but it would make ME feel better!!! stethascope will be in the mail monday
Oh I just hate seeing him like that!!! Get better Jaydo!!!!! Poor little guy! Lunden said he could have some of his medicine....call me if you need anything!
At least little man is being taken care of by the best, his mom.
Royal
Please let us know if you need anything! You all are pretty special folk! And well, Jayden is a pretty cool kid! We hope he gets to feeling better soon!
Poor little Jaydo :(
Thinking of you guys and little Jayden, I hope that he feels better soon. I hope that he is doing better. Miss all of you and hope to see some recovery pictures soon.
Oh Jaydo! I am sorry you are so sick. I know you will get well soon with such a great mom to take care of you. It just makes me feel so bad to have so far away and to see your sad little face. I can't wait to see that big happy smile soon. Your Great Aunt Marshmellow loves you all!!
Post a Comment