Thursday, November 4, 2010

Window Seat Coloring

We have this great window seat that is in one of our bay windows in our kitchen/eating area.  I love it and have had plans to make cushions for it since we got here, you know once I get the walls painted and some curtains for the windows made - I know we've been here for over 2 years, you'd think I'd have worked on a few more things... but in the mean time, the kids have completely thrashed the poor window seat.  They use it as their play table and there are more dings and scratches in that thing then I will ever be able to repair with a "repair marker".   Those cushions are going to really come in handy to cover all that up...that is when they are actually on the window seat and not thrown on the floor, which is what my kids are going to do with them.  If I were them, I'd put all my future cushions in a big ole pile and then jump off the window seat onto the pile.  But that's just me....

Anyways....I got a bug in my brain a couple days ago that I wanted to cover the whole bench with paper and let the kids color all over it.  They've been drawing and coloring like crazy and Willow has managed to figure out where the writing pens are and grabbed one and instead of writing on paper, she kept the tip of the pen in and scraped huge scrape marks all over the top of the bench - not sure Royal has seen that yet because I haven't heard the signature "Uggggggh" when he finds something else the kids have managed to destroy.  :)  Although writing it here is probably going to get him to come and inspect the window seat.  Good thing I covered the whole thing in paper tonight and let the kids color away!!!





4 comments:

Kaylee said...

dude. Jayden looks tall!!!

Kim said...

That looks like so much fun!

Royal said...

Good idea baby, good idea. I have already realized that the window seat is toast and that it will cost a pretty penny to get it fixed along with all the other wood in our place.

mom aka nana said...

you are an AWESOME mother