I'm gonna have to do some improvements in the garden next year. The strawberries are taking over everything and while I try and hold them back, they sprout starter shoots out faster than I can rip them off and I swear when I rip off one, two more take it's place! In the beginning of summer, there was plenty of room next to the strawberry patch to plant my cucumber and cantaloupe plants. We were just going to let the vines intermix and grow all over each other. Well next year, I am so doing my vine plants vertically. The strawberries are choking out the cucumbers. The cucumbers are trying to squish the few carrots I have left, and I caught one little vine sneaking along the backside of the garden trying to reach my fantastically big basil plants. While I was trying to do some weeding and maintenance in the garden along with trying to talk some discipline into my out of control plants, I found these huge cucumbers hiding under the leaves. I'm going to have to go back and check my seed packets to see what I am actually growing here, but these things are ginormous! And the sad thing is they are super delish, and I know this is going to make me sound old, but cucumbers give me the worst heart burn. Cucumbers of all things! Aren't they mostly water??? It totally depresses me that I can't eat something that I grew from a tiny little seed, so lucky for my friends and neighbors they are going to get to eat these fat suckers!

And just so you have an idea of the size of these things, here's one next to my key!
2 comments:
Wow! I wish I could have some of those!
You grow great kids and great produce.
Post a Comment