He told me he wanted no presents for his birthday - I am so not okay with this - I wanted to get him something, but Royal didn’t want me to spend any money. When I asked him what he wanted me to cook him for dinner, he said, ‘Well, I don’t know, maybe hotdogs or hamburgers or something?’. Okay… And then when I asked him what kind of dessert he wanted, like did he want a cake, or cupcakes, or an ice cream cake, or his mom had just taught me her pie dough recipe, so I could try to make him a pie or tarts or something. He replied, ‘Well, I guess I’ll just have an ice cream cone.’ Ugh!!! How in the world was I suppose to fit 32 candles into an ice cream cone????
So, I didn’t spend any of his money on his present. When the in-laws were in town for Jayden’s birthday, they brought Royal and my birthday presents too. And part of my present was money, so I used that money to buy Royal something, but really it was kind of a loan from myself. You see, someone is paying me to make them a couple cheesecakes by this Friday, so I’ll be getting my birthday money back! :) ha ha ha
And then for dinner, since he said he wanted ‘hotdogs or something’, I made one of his favorites, kielbasa and krout. The Lovingfoss’ had brought me some homemade canned sauerkraut and I had some kielbasa sausages in the freezer, so I BBQ’d those and heated up the sauerkraut and they were delish! The best sauerkraut I think I have every had!
And then for dessert. I had to get a little trickier here. When Royal was leaving for work in the morning, I made some comment about how me and Jayden were going to make him some chocolate chip cookies today. They are his favorite and I fed most of my last batch to our small group on Sunday, which he wasn’t too pleased about. So, Royal said, ‘Oh, I like those, they are my favorite!’ Basically he had given me permission to make him something, which meant that when he came home and I had 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies on the counter for him, he wasn’t going to gripe that I did something for him on his birthday. But instead of making him a batch of cookies, I turned my cookie dough into a pizookie (pizza cookie for anybody who has never ate at BJ’s!) It’s basically a cookie in a round dish that is super crunchy on the outside and half baked on the inside and then you cover it with vanilla ice cream and it melts all over it. It’s super good and I could fit all those candles in there!
Happy Birthday Royal!

Look at all that smoke!
4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROYAL!!!!!
Happy birthday you big grump. :)
Miss you guys!!
Thanks to my wife who always finds a way. I was really trying to let her not worry about it.
Happy Birthday Royal! You just have to remeber you can’t out think your wife. She will get you every time. She is one smart cookie. HA HA
Post a Comment