The first thing we did was make stained-glass windows in our house, by breaking up Jolly Ranchers with a hammer - which Jayden thoroughly enjoyed! - and putting the broken pieces in our windows and melting them in the oven. Here are our finished windows along with a couple pretzels we put “glass” into too. It was a little hard to take pictures and control Jayden’s hammer at the same time, so no action shots for you on this one. :)

Once the windows cooled down, I started assembling the house. Once again, there are no pictures of that because I really needed like 3 hands to get it done and Jayden was just trying to sneak Skittles off the tray. But with a little help from one of the assistants, I got our house glued together and standing. While we were waiting for the icing to dry, we were given a bunch of gingerbread dough to use like modeling clay that we were going to bake and place around our house. Jayden being the only boy in the class had very unique creatures he made from his clay. Most of the other kids made, snowmen and presents and santas and things like that. Jayden, well, he made snakes and had me build a t-rex head and a long neck dinosaur and then I did end up making a snowman out of some of it too because, well, I AM a girl. :)

And then it was onto decorating the house.




Here’s the finished product!


3 comments:
I love it!
Looks like a great house to me. Is there a hot-tub?
I love the T-rex and dino… it adds Jayden’s personal touch to the gingerbread house!
Post a Comment