
Ahhh, Jayden and Scooter. Theirs has been a love-hate relationship from the beginning. Jayden would love on Scooter and she’d tolerate it. Then he’d love on her a little more and she’d swat at him. Then he’d squeeze her just a little too hard and she’d scratch and bite him. Through many time-outs and talks about how we treat animals, Jayden has SLOWLY started to be gentler to her.

Then, after telling Jayden how great he was treating Scooter and how much she loved him petting her so nicely, I walked away to make lunch. 2 minutes later I was breaking up a kid/cat fight because Jayden was trying to force-feed Scooter one of Willow’s little plastic stacking rings, telling her, ‘You have to eat this Scooter, it’s your breakfast!’. Baby steps……baby steps….
3 comments:
Brendan said, “I want our cat back.” I said, “Sorry, that’s Jayden’s cat now. It is his very best friend after all.”
:) Cute nephew!
Well Scooter can’t get too upset, he keeps coming back for more!! I think Jayden must be Scooter’s very best friend too. Nothing like a kid and his cat! Love it. The Great Marshmellow
Scooter and I are definitely not best friends.
Post a Comment