Friday, January 9, 2009

Cooking' With Jayden

As usual, Jayden is usually following me around the kitchen, trying to partake in whatever I am doing. I’ve kept him out of the cooking scene for obvious reason…things are hot and well I’d rather not deal with little burned fingers, especially since he refuses to let me look at, much less touch or put ice on something he’s hurt. I’m guessing it all stems back to the unfortunate toenail incident…I KNEW that was going to scar him for life. But today, for the 100th time, he drug his stool over next to the stove while I was cooking dinner, so today I humored him. I could manage to finish dinner using just once side of the stove, so Jayden got free reign of one burner.

Here’s what he made. It’s a delicious combination of a broken up breakfast egg and cheese muffin, a couple of carrots, and a whole lot of salt and pepper (an entire shaker full if you were wondering).




When Royal got home, Jayden wanted him to eat some of the dinner he’d prepared for him. Royal of course could not disappoint.


Here’s a close up of what Royal actually took a bite of and swallowed. Black pepper crusted carrot. yummmm

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am CRACKING UP right now!! That is so freakin funny!

Royal said...

Oh the joys of being a parent and humoring your kids, I can only imagine what he might want me to eat next.

Kay-Kay said...

That is hysterical. I’m going to need to see you guys soon. I can’t be apart anymore!