Friday, December 19, 2008
Weird Weather
Ok, this is just to prove how odd the weather is over here. Yesterday, as you can see from my post, it was all icy and snowy and just plain cold. Well, yesterday after the sun went DOWN, it warmed up. What?, you say. Yes, it got warmer at night. I left the house around 5:30 to finish up the last thing I needed to do for Christmas and the thermometer in my car said it was 37 degrees out. When I came home an hour and a half later, it was 40 degrees out. I know, I don’t get it either. Then this morning, Jayden came into our room asking, ‘Where is the snow?’ During the night, it stayed too warm that all the snow melted. Does this seem backwards to anyone else? It seems to me like when the sun - the sun which is our source of heat - goes down, usually the air gets cooler. But not here in Kansas, nope, the sun goes down here and things warm up. Here’s a picture from today. Yesterday things were white and beautiful, now we’re back to brown and ugly. Ugly compared to when things were covered in snow, anyway. No need for the foggy dew song today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don’t worry Rachel, it will snow again soon, and then you can look at the white spledor of it all, until the sun goes down and it warms up.
That Krazy Kansas!
Post a Comment