Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Snow

It finally snowed today!!! It seemed a little freakish to me, being from the northwest where the weather is very consistent, once it gets cold, it stays cold, usually rainy and cold, but pretty much every day is about the same. Yesterday, here in Wichita, it was 60 degrees. Even when the sun went down, it didn’t cool off, it was still about 60 degrees outside. So, maybe you can see how surprised I was this morning when I woke up and it was snowing outside. I checked the weather and today’s high is a whopping 30 degrees. What the heck? A drop of 30 degrees in 1 day? It just doesn’t seem right. However, the wind is blowing here today like there’s no tomorrow, so while the temp outside says it’s 26, the wind chill drops it about down to 11, so when Jayden said he wanted to go outside and play in the snow, I wasn’t that excited. So, I enlisted Papa, especially since today is Jayden’s last day to play with Papa… :( sniff sniff





Papa was freezing!


Once they came inside and warmed up, Jayden decided he needed to wear Papa’s clothes so he could go back outside and make some snowballs.




3 comments:

Royal said...

Little man looks like he was having a good time, the big man on the other hand looked like he was frozen stiff. Can you believe the low tonight is going to be 15°F? Man it is cold here.

Kay-Kay said...

Sweet! That is cute. But I have to say, I am a little disappointed that there are no baby Willow pictures in this post. How could you?!

Fat B said...

yesterday we went to lunch and the sign on the bank said 75 degrees. today when we went by the same sign at the same time it said 32! i don’t ever remember a 43 degree drop in one day. guess out here in the great plains it happens. i agree with Royal that the little guy seems to be enjoying things but the big guy, not so much! love the pics of of the Jay man. He needs the press too, not just Willow.

love you guys.

greg