Royal decided to take a day off of work today, which NEVER happens. Royal does not take days off when he’s sick, days off because he’s sick of working, or vacations unless there is a specific plan at hand. If we don’t have something great planned to do, Royal will be working. So, I was extremely surprised this week when on Monday he said, ‘I think I’m going to take Friday off.’ I was like, ‘why, you going to do something?’ I was thinking fishing or shooting guns at something. He’s like ‘nope, I have no plan. I thought I’d hang out with you guys’. For once in my life, I was speechless.
Friday mornings (and Monday and Wednesday for that matter), Jayden and I go to our baby bootcamp class in Olympia. We meet in the mall with other moms and do a circuit training style of work out. I love going. Sometimes, its the only time I really get out of the house, especially now that the weather is so washington wintery (a.k.a rainy and cold), I just don’t get out to do any running. Plus baby bootcamp is saving me from ruining my knees forever! So, I told Royal that Jayden and I were going to go work out in the morning, but he was more than welcome to come. Your first class is always free, so it wouldn’t cost us anything for him to tag along. I figured Royal would decline the offer, he would just sleep in and putter around the house until we got back. But nope, what I should of remembered is Royal is fiercely competative. If I’m doing something and he has the time to do it too, there’s no way I’m doing it without him. I have to give him some credit though, I’m pretty much the same way. You’ve all heard the story about the first time we went running together, right? The one where I refused to let him out pace me? The one and only run that has ever made me puke? Never heard that story? Hmmm….another time I suppose. Anyways, Royal shows up this morning to class with me, works out with me and the other moms, and in the end says, ‘hey, that’s a pretty good work out’. Uh, duh. I wouldn’t keep going if it wasn’t doing anything for me. Later this evening he said, ‘man, my legs are totally sore from all those lunges and squats’. That Royal, he sure is gonna have some nice looking legs!
1 comment:
Royal already has good looking legs….and arms….and chest for that matter….but it’s his heart…his heart can’t compare to any other part of his body….his heart is as big as he is, bigger than most peoples’ and the best part is that he shares it with anyone who comes close…i’ve been the recipient of that heart of his and there just isn’t anything else that can compare….so keep working on your legs and arms and whatever, but give your heart away with abandon to everyone who comes into your sphere….i’m glad to be in your sphere….that includes you my sweet rachel, i’m glad to be in your sphere and have your heart. I sure miss your three things….could you start that again? it helps me to think of my three things….course i can’t ever get past my three grandsons, my three son in laws and my five children and my husband…i guess that makes 4 but i could always count them all together as one!
keep writing sweetheart…you have a gift…and thanks for sharing it with us
Post a Comment