Friday, October 5, 2007

Heat Wave!



This is an island in the sun! Oi! Oi! (whoever can name that movie first wins major bonus points with me!)

So, the heat fixer guy came today.  Hallelujia!  Jayden’s hands and ears were freezing this morning, despite the warm feet pajamas he was wearing (once again, thanks Kaylee for the hand-me downs).  The guy shows up around 11 and I show him the problem.  He says some circuit thingy got overrided or something and he couldn’t find the manual override to flip it back.  I, of course, stare are him and say, so does that mean you can’t fix it?  He says that he’ll have to order the part and it probably won’t get here until next Wednesday or so.  I was like, you gotta be kidding me.  I say, “There’s no way you can fix this today? Because we’re freezing!”  He says he’ll take another look at it.   Jaydo and I go inside to start getting lunch put together.  A few minutes later, the fixer guy comes in and says that he thinks he’s got it fixed.  I’m like fabulous!   So we go out to the garage, he holds some little button in and in a minute I see fire!  Oh yeah!!!  So, he puts the panels back on, and we perform the final test.  We go inside and turn the heat on.  Within seconds there is hot air blowing from the vents.  HOORAY!!! I tell the guy thanks and how much I appreciate him fixing it.  And he goes, “Well, you kinda guilt tripped me into taking your furnace apart once you told me your son was cold.  I have a son that is about his age and I started thinking about how I would feel if he was cold because the furnace was broken.”  Thank goodness for inadvertant guilt trips!  I am so never turning the heat off again!

4 comments:

Royal said...

I guess I know who your hero is, sorry that I am not the superman I thought I was.

Kaylee said...

Muppets Christmas Carol! Oh yea! What do I win?

jordan said...

shoot kaylee got to it before me…. That makes me want to watch the muppets christmas carol..

Jaynee said...

UM DUH! IT’S Muppets Christmas Carol! Blast it all Kaylee…
Ha Ha! We watch it EVERY year. I love how you anticipate every funny line and it seems more funny each time you hear/see it. BRING ON THE MUPPETS!! “what a fabulous idea”!