I’m freezing. The house is freezing. Jayden, well he doesn’t complain, but I’m sure if he could he would tell me he’s freezing and ask why I don’t turn on the heat. Well, let me tell you why… because it’s BROKEN! That’s right, my heat is broken, all that the little vents around the house do is blow cold air. Doesn’t help much when you’re freezing.
Royal tried to fix it, he changed the air filter…I didn’t even know there were air filters…yeah call me stupid, but I blame my dad for letting me live such a sheltered life. I went out there today and tried to read the directions and reboot the sucker. No such luck, still just cold air blowing. So, I called around town and the earliest someone can come look at it is tomorrow. So that means another day and night with freezing cold temperatures.
I’m wearing ski socks, my fuzzy acorn slippers, a pair of jeans, a shirt, and a fleece lined sweatshirt. Jayden is wearing some great fleece lined jeans (thank you Kaylee for the hand me downs), a long sleeved shirt, some socks, and a sweatshirt when he starts feeling too cold.
I have a gas fireplace, but I haven’t turn it on because I don’t have a screen for it, and I’m sure Jayden would melt his toys or his hands against the glass. So, as soon as he gets up from his nap, we are going hunting for a screen, so that I can turn on the fireplace. I’m thinking I just might sleep in front of the fireplace tonight. I’m about to start cooking, so the oven will heat up the house. Dinner tonite? Well that would be hot chocolate because our house is too cold to defrost any meat. Ok, I’m exaggerating, but not really… I could probably open the fridge and warm up the house that way. Ok, it’s not that cold, but it kinda is…
Hurry up, heat fixer dude, hurry up…
3 comments:
Rachel - you are so funny I love to read your blogs! I think you need to write a book - one of those funny ones like Erma Bombeck used to write. You probably don’t know who she is, but she was pretty famous and funny way back when. Keep it up, you cheer me up. The “Old Marshmellow” doesn’t care too much for fire.!!!!!!
I laughed when I read this because I can SO relate! When my kids were little, we bought an old house on Walker Park Rd. It had single pane windows that wouldn’t even close all the way because of all the layers of paint, no insulation, and a furnace that didn’t work. The first winter there we wore coats all day, hung quilts over the windows, and I could literally see my breath, it was SO cold in that house! Hope your furnace is fixed soon!
Next time just run in place, you will heat right up in no time. I am such a great problem solver.
Post a Comment