(original post on MySpace)
Last Friday, around 11:00, my mom and I were feeding Jayden some breakfast consisting of bananas and oatmeal, his favorite but that really has nothing to do with the story. When all of the sudden, my mom says, 'Whose running across your yard?' I look out the window and low and behold there is a man with a big black garbage bag slung over his shoulder running across my yard. I of course, being the big intimidating being that I am (all 5'1" of me), run out of the house to confront this person and tell them to say the heck out of my yard and use the road like a normal person. But I miss the guy as he jumps into a car waiting for him by the road and speeds off. My second thought was, 'Now that was a stupid move..what if he was doing something he didn't want to be seen doing and happened to have a gun and thought, 'hmm lets dust the short blonde chick so there's no witnesses'' Luckily that didn't happen, so I go back in the house, tell my mom they got away, and call the police. There had been a break-in a few houses down from ours a few nights prior, so I called the police just in case someone reports a robbery or something. The police dispatcher takes my statement and then says she was sending a patrol guy out my way. I was like 'ok', thinking I would never really find out what really happened. Boy was I wrong...
'Bout 15 mins later, a sheriff knocks on my door. He asks me to tell him what I saw again and then asks if he can look around my back yard. I'm like 'Yea, fine with me'. And he tells me there is another sheriff on the way and he'll probably want to look at my back yard too. So, a few mins later, there are 2 sheriff's cars parked in my front yard and police guys nosing around. They leave soon after w/o really telling me anything. I once again think 'What the heck is going on that 2 sheriff's show up for a 'maybe' suspicious guy running across my yard.' My mom leaves a little while later and I promptly lock all the doors.
A couple hours later, another knock on the door. I'm thinking, 'Crap, i'm alone, what if it's someone coming to retaliate for calling the cops on 'em'. I peak out the door and there are 2 guys out there and I slowly open the door... Now I'm telling you, it was just like an episode of law and order. These two guys say, 'Are you Rachel?' I'm like yeah. They go, 'Well we're Detectives so-and-so and so-and-so, with the Lacey Police Department' and then they flash me their badges. I'm thinking 'Am I on tv?? Is this really happening? So they really do that in real life??' ha ha ha They confirm the story that I told that morning and then show me a picture and say 'Is that the guy?' I'm thinking, 'This is JUST like tv!!' And then I start thinking 'Oh crap, so they think they know who the guys is and they have a big ole folder on him' So, I say, 'Is that who you guys think it was, and if it was, do I need to be worried that he was around the house?' So they preceed to tell me that they had been over at the guys house this morning with a search warrant b/c there were reports he was dealing drugs out of his house. The guy slammed the door on them and while they were waiting for back-up, he obviously collected all his loot, stuffed it in a bag and threw it over the fence, into my yard. Yea, that's right folks, this guy is my neighbor. Once the cops got into his house, there was nothing inside and there was nothing in his back yard. Nobody thought to look in my back yard. I made the call to the cops about 15 mins after they showed up at his house in the morning. Coincidence?....I think not.
So, lets just say I'm seriously thinking of building a 12 foot cement wall around the house with lights that turn on by motion and some really BIG dogs with sharp teeth
3 comments:
WHAT??? I'm dyin' here!
Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you. Cool story rach! Tell Royal I say hello and stay safe.
Wow! And I thought I dealt with some petty criminals...but only at work, never in my BACKYARD!
Post a Comment